Note: Applies to Hyperfish Premium hybrid (on-premises AD) deployments only
Before you start, make sure you are using a supported version of the Hyperfish Agent (3.9.0 or higher). You can always find out which agent version you have installed, and download the latest agent from Settings -> General in the Hyperfish web application.
Upgrade instructions can be found here.
1 Stop the Hyperfish Service from the services.msc snap-in console
2 Using a text editor of your choice, open ADProviderSettings.json from C:\Users\<hyperfishsvc>\AppData\Local\Hyperfish\Connectors\ where <hyperfishsvc> is the name of the service account running the Hyperfish Service
3 The initial detected domain should already be configured in the settings file.
- Create a new entry for each additional domain, following the existing format.
- Enter the name of the AD Server for the additional domain
- If the service account has permissions to that other domain, you do not need to add credentials, and can skip step 4
4 If you do need to add credentials, you need to provide a username and password under “ADCredentials”:
Username – the username of a domain administrator for the additional domain
EncryptedPassword (generated using encryptor.exe) -- To generate an encrypted string for the password, you will need to use Encryptor.exe, an included command line utility, which uses the Windows Data Protection API (DPAPI).
Open a command prompt session and use the runas command to start a command prompt session as the Hyperfish Service account
e.g. "runas /user:DOMAIN\user cmd"
You will be prompted to enter a password for the Hyperfish Service account.
In the new command prompt session, navigate to "C:\Users\<hyperfishsvc>\AppData\Local\Hyperfish\versions\<version number>\agent", where <hyperfishsvc> is the name of your Hyperfish service account, and <version number> is your current Hyperfish agent version
e.g. "cd C:\Users\hyperfishsvc\AppData\Local\Hyperfish\versions\3.5.X\agent"
Run Encryptor.exe followed by the domain admin password
e.g. "Encryptor.exe secret", where "secret" is the password (without quotes):
Warning: The plaintext input will be visible as cleartext during this step
Copy the resulting encrypted string, remove line breaks, and paste it into the field for EncryptedPassword:
Save the file, then start the Hyperfish Service.
- Within the Hyperfish Web Application, navigate to Settings -> General. Directory details should show comma separated domains.
- From the Directory scope selection section, open the OU diagram. There should be a dropdown for each domain. Selecting one should show the new domain map
- Search for users from the newly added domain from any people picker in the Hyperfish Web App, for example, Pilot users.
If you need any assistance setting this up, please contact email@example.com